Baby Massage offers lots of benefits for parents and babies:
For babies it can...
- Develop their first language, which is mainly touch
- Enhance their sense of being respected, loved and feelings of security
- Help to strengthen and regulate their digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems
- Relieve symptoms of colic, gas and constipation
- Calm the nervous system and therefore improve sleep
- Increase babies body awareness, helping them to release bodily tension
For parents it can...
- Promote bonding and attachment
- Develop confidence in handling their baby
- Enhance loving communication including understanding baby's non-verbal language
- Provide 'permission' to relax together with their baby
- Increase awareness of baby's growth and development
- Group sessions provide a supportive atmosphere where parents can share and learn from each other whilst having fun
Baby Massage and Well Mama Course
5 x sessions the week starting 16th March
£36 includes handouts, organic massage oil and refreshments.
Suitable from birth to pre crawlers.
Please bring a changing mat and a towel.
Please call or email me to book
Baby massage with Heidi was brilliant! She got us to think about looking after ourselves as well as our babies. My little one has really benefitted from the course and I've made some lovely friends too. - Sarah
Baby massage with Heidi was a fantastic way to bond more with my baby but i hadnt realised how good for him it could be. He had severe colic and constipation but i know i can help him now and he is 100% better - Jane
An excellent way to relax and bond with your baby and meet other like minded parents - Lauren
I qualified as an IAIM baby massage in 2011 and have been teaching my own courses, in Childrens Centres and giving massage to my children since then.
At what age can my baby join a course?
The recommended age is from birth to pre crawling.
Do you massage my baby?
The parent and child relationship is the focus so the parent massages their baby.
What can I expect in a class?
The class is run as a nurturing and supportive environment for mother and baby. We will cover a range of massage strokes over the weeks building up to a full body massage routine. We will also support the postnatal body through gentle exercise. After the formal part of the class there is time to chat and enjoy refreshments together.